Samsung Galaxy S Duos is the upgraded version of the original Galaxy S series. It has 1 GHz single core processor, 4” screen, and it runs quite smoothly on Android 4.0. It features Samsung TouchWiz UI. I am going to help you in rooting your device but before that you must know that rooting will void you of manufacturers guarantee and you solely will be responsible for whatever happens to your device. In rare cases, your phone might be soft- brick, which could be repaired but for that you need to put some extra effort from your side. For the 1st time user, please read all the details about rooting before jumping to any conclusion. Now I am going to list down the steps for rooting:
Prerequisites before rooting Galaxy S Duos:
- USB Debugging is needed to be enabled on your phone. For this go to settings> application> and finally click the box next to USB debugging
- Make sure your battery is more than 80%.
Steps For Rooting Galaxy S Duos S7562:
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S Duos rooting kit.zip from http://d-h.st/BtL. The file contains everything you need for rooting in 12 MB package.
- Install the driver for your Galaxy S Duos using Kies.
- Power off your device.
- Boot into downloading mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears on your device.
- Read the Warning, press volume up to continue to downloading mode. You will have a screen written “DOWNLOADING” along with other usual stuff.
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Extract the rooting kit and extract and open Odin from there.
- Odin will detect your device on the port.
- Now on the screen appearing right in front of you tick “F. Reset Time” & “Auto reboot” option.
- Click on PDA under the file section in Odin and browse to recovery.tar file.
- Remove the back panel as you will be needed to remove the battery with great timing.
- Click on start. a green bar will show you the progress made by Odin in flashing. When the bar says pass, your phone will start a reboot.
- A while rebooting, the phone will shut down and the device will vibrate once before shutting down, you have to remove the battery and disconnect your phone from the pc.
- Copy a file named CWM -3.1.3. zip from your rooting kit into your external or internal SD card.
- Power off the device and boot into clockwork recovery mode by pressing volume up+ volume down + power +home button simultaneously till the Samsung logo appears followed by a CWM screen.
- Touch will be ineffective for now, press volume up to scroll up and volume down to scroll down, Home button for selection and power button to take you back to the previous settings.
- Select backup by scrolling down to backup and restore, make sure you have 2 GB of free space in your memory.
- Go to install zip from the SD card option and select “choose zip from external/ internal memory card”. Select the CWM-3.1.3. zip and browse it until you get “yes” in a long list of No. select yes.
- Now enjoy SuperUser power on your device once you reboot it.